Thursday, March 31, 2011

Birds of the day




I hear that more bird pictures are wanted, so hence forth I will publish at least two.


The bird on the top left with the white belly and yellow mask is a Masked Lapwing. It is a member of the Plover family which are long-legged wading birds.

The colourful bird at the bottom of the pictures is a Rainbow Lorikeet, part of the Parrot family that makes a noisy screech while in flight.

The midddle bird is a Common Myna Bird. The thing about this one is he was on a tree limb, just above eye level and talking up a storm. He would not shut up or leave. I took a bunch of shots and moved slowly away looking for other birds. As soon as I was far enough away, he swooped down to a leaky water tap that had been at my feet and took a drink. Apparently I was just in the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment